Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Skin Care Update

My 40 day project for my face is going well!  For once, I am actually sticking to the plan.  I haven't seen huge improvements yet, as it has only been a week, but there have been small improvements that motivate me to keep going.  Instead of showing one product at a time, I thought I would share them all in one post.

So here goes:



#1  The most important part in any skin care regime is to exfoliate and get your skin ready to take on the products you are going to use.  The best product I have found is old faithful, the Microdelivery Peel from Philosophy.
#2  I wash my face with a Clarisonic.  It truly lives up to the hype, just as Sonicare toothbrushes do (they are made by the same people).  It gets your skin super clean without stripping it.  I use the Deep pore cleansing head, (#3 in the picture) since my skin is not sensitive and I love how these clean a bit deeper than the regular or sensitive head.  Of course I use the Clarisonic with #4, my Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash - see my post about that here.

Each morning and night, after washing my face, I follow up with #5 the Clinique Dark Spot Corrector.  I have terrible hyper pigmentation and scars on my face, and this stuff works.  I have tried just about every brand of spot remover, but I keep coming back to this one.  Every few months I switch it up since my skin seems to get too used to it, and then I go back to it a few months later.  Does that make any sense at all?

Finally, at night, I follow up with a dose of Argan oil (#6) on my face.  I have used argan oil for some time on my hands, and honestly never thought about using it on my face.  After all, I am prone to breakouts and acne, so the thought of putting oil on my face was not exactly appealing.  I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that it would not make me breakout, and it is better than any other night cream I have ever tried.  Just make sure you get 100% PURE argan oil, not some synthetic, mixed with chemicals bottle of junk.  A little bit goes a long way, so the bottle lasts forever.  I get mine at Whole Foods.  I have probably had this 2oz bottle for about 6 months.
In the daytime, I use a basic Olay sensitive skin moisturizer with SPF.  I no longer allow my face to leave the house without sunscreen, but I have a sensitivity to Avobenzone, a common ingredient in facial moisturizers.  The Olay cream does not contain it, so it works for me.

So that's the routine!  It seems like a lot of work, but I only use the Micro Delivery once or twice a week, and the rest is daily.  It seriously takes me 5 minutes to do all of this. 

Remember, we deserve to feel our best, and I feel so much better now that I am taking better care of myself.  When you feel proud of how you look, it gives you a little boost of happiness that carries over into all aspects of your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment