Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It's Ash Wednesday!

Which means that I walked around all day with ashes on my forehead.  More importantly, it is a time of reflection, and a time to give up something that is tough to give up.  For instance, my 6 year old decided to give up being mean to mommy.  We'll see how that goes.
I will give something up, but I haven't quite decided what it will be.  I have so many vices, it is difficult to choose just one.

Either way, I have decided to take better care of myself for the next 40 days.  Not in a religious sense, just a personal challenge.  I have let myself go, I could say that I am just too busy, but the truth is I am just too lazy.  40 days seems like an attainable goal (we shall see), and I kind of want to see if I can make an actual difference during that time.   I need to get back in the gym, fix my face, as it is pretty much as bad as you can get at 34, and work on looking presentable every day.

The other day I saw a post on Clinique's facebook page, selling kits.  Pick which one you need! They said, with options of acne, dark spots, or anti aging.  "ummm," I thought to myself, "how about all three?"  My skin is in sad shape.  So I am going to try to fix it, and we will see how far I get in 40 days.  I would post a picture, but let's be honest here, I am not quite ready to do that.  Now, if I get to a point where I see a visible difference, I may be brave enough to post a before picture.  That day is not today.

Along the way,  I will post products I love, and I will try to use them faithfully every day.  Let's see what will happen over the course of 40 days.  If you want to join me, let me know!  It doesn't have to be your skin or working out, it just needs to be something you want to improve on, using the 40 day goal as a benchmark.


No comments:

Post a Comment