Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

The time is upon us - the time of year when we sit down and make unrealistic goals for the New Year. We cavalierly set our timers for January first, somehow believing that if we make something a resolution, we will now accomplish it. Of course, if the goal had been that important to us in the first place, we would have done it a long time ago. Somehow, the idea of beginning a transformation is easier to swallow if we wrap it up with the new year.
I have never been big on New Years resolutions, given that I know myself and my penchant for not only procrastination but laziness. Last year, however, I did make a resolution. It was to be a better communicator. I wanted to be better at staying in touch with the people I loved, which has long been a problem for me. I accomplished this task, but truth be told, it was because I finally gave in and got a Facebook account, which takes the work out of it.

Having such success has inspired me to once again make a resolution, but where do I start? There are so many things I want to change, want to do, want to stop doing. To say the choices are overwhelming would be an understatement.
Thus I have decided to begin with a 30 day project, rather than fool myself into thinking I can maintain a total personality makeover for an entire year.
The 30 day project will include the following:
Doing the workout "30 day shred" - I started this before, but quit after 10 days for reasons unknown to me
I will also re-start the Flylady's 30 days of babysteps. Again. If you aren't familiar with Flylady, I highly suggest you check her out, that is if you are like me and have problems with organization and perfectionism.

That is it. Maybe if I can accomplish those two goals for 30 days, I can move on to the rest of the things I would like to fix in 2010.

1 comment:

  1. The 30 day shred is amazing. I need to start it back up again.

    I have faith that you can do it. Maybe we could keep each other honest about it.

    ReplyDelete