Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Room I Dread

I finally packed up the Christmas tree and decorations today (yes, I know it is January 12th). If any of you are wondering, no, the thank you cards have not been sent out, since I have once again fallen into my usual trap of waiting to make them by hand. I'll keep you posted on that feat!
I have now decided to turn my attention to the room I dread - the spare room.
It is supposed to be my crafts room, and I tell you what, there are quite a few crafting supplies in there, but by no means is it a craft room. It is the catch all room, and I would like to see if I can get it organized and orderly.
I know, somewhere amongst the clutter lies my beloved Cricut, endless spools of ribbon, embellishments for scrapbooking, and other surprises. Unfortunately, right now it looks like a scene out of the show Hoarders.
The sad part is that this clutter room is in addition to a large storage unit filled with more clutter, and I go back and forth - do I clear out the storage unit, or the clutter room? I need a week and a full time nanny if I want to do both at the same time, not to mention several trips to the dump.
I have decided to take on the craft room, to turn it into a craft haven, all while on a budget.
I'll keep you posted along the road to having a great craft room on a tiny budget.
To begin, this is how it looks now:

1 comment: