Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Scrapbooking



I started scrapbooking many moons ago, long before there were entire rows of embellishments at craft stores. Not to date myself, but back in the day you actually had to use scraps to scrapbook - wrappers from candy, random bits of paper, etc. Since my son was born, I haven't scrapped much, although that hasn't stopped me from buying supplies - much to the chagrin of my husband, who says it's ok to buy the stuff as long as I am going to use it. Trust me, it never got used.
Recently, however, I have gotten back into it. I am back to scrapping my wedding pictures, and my son's baby pictures. Needless to say, I have been buying even more supplies, and to my husband, the only way to justify this is with results - meaning completed pages.
Thanks to my friend Ana (who's blog you should check out if you like to scrapbook), I have been introduced to the world of scrapbook blogs, all of which are filled with a wealth of information. One of which is Sketchy Thursdays. Each Thursday they post a sketch and invite people to show their work.
So for the first time, I made a page based on a sketch. It's far from perfect, but I am working on making better layouts.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found us! What a sweet layout. Thank you for playing!

    Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mer this turned out beautiful! Glad you are getting back into the swing of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great page. Thanks for the plug, LOL. And no I don't mind at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meredith. What a sweet layout! Thanks so much for hopping by my blog with MSS... sorry it took me a few weeks to get to yours. I hope our paths cross again!

    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete